Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Bird Hanging…A Door Hanging !!

I have always been fascinated by the craft works done by our friends from Gujarat and Rajasthan be it a Bird Hanging or a Toran !!  These are so colourful, artistic and very creative.

I used to admire the Bird Hangings whenever I visit a Handloom Fair or Exhibition and decided to attempt making them myself.  The result being this (see picture) !!

I had a lot of leftover cloth bits of various colours after finishing my ‘’Complete Hand Stitched Quilt’’ (you will soon see be presented with this !!) with which I made multi colour birds (I will share the procedure soon as another post).

This Bird Hanging now has taken a new home (my friend’s Puja Room in Bahrain).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...